Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ground rules DAY 1

I've just spent 24 days on the Paleo diet and while there are good aspects to it I just don't think they can match the scientific reality of calorie reduction with exercise as a way to lose body fat.

I'm 86-87kg right now and I want to get to 79kg. It'll take a while but I'll detail my strategy in this blog article.

  • I need 3000 cals per day, if I drop 3500 cals per week I lose a 1lb of fat.
  • On Mon-Thurs I am effective at dieting so I will drop 800 cals per day there, if I don't do the dog on it Fri/Sat/Sun then I'll make up the remaining ones there.
  • When I exercise, particularly running I tend to stay on a diet and lose weight.
  • When I eat porridge/breakfast, soup/lunch, moderate portion of healthy dinner regularly, with fruit for snacks - I lose weight.
  • When I avoid alcohol I lose weight.
  • When I avoid bread/pasta/potatoes/rice I lose weight.
  • If I stay on a contineous diet for months I tend to lose the perspective and then gain all the weight again.
  • When I am less stressed I lose weight, and when I organise myself and don't avoid essential tasks I stay less stressed.
  • When I get a good night's sleep I lose weight.

A typical day should be 2200 calories or less:
  • Porridge = 250
  • 4 fruit = 300
  • Soup = 300
  • Moderate Dinner = 800 = 1650
  • yoghurt with dinner = 200 so total is 1850 with 350 cals to spare for some cheese, a couple of biscuits or whatever
Tools I will use:
  • Google Calendar, for 3 weeks on (lose weight 1lb per week), 1 week off (maintain weight) diet.
  • Hackers Diet, to record my weight and comments.
  • EpicWin, to have reminders for myself and to set my prizes for hitting the kg targets.

This starts today with 25th July being start of week 1.

Next aim is 86kg on average in Hacker's diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment